Re: Crappy Sunbeam Parts Dealer

To: mhp@flash.net, tigers@autox.team.net, hillman@can-inc.com,
Subject: Re: Crappy Sunbeam Parts Dealer
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 23:39:02 EDT
Chuck,
    Having been personally involved for over twenty years attempting to
supply obsolete parts for obsolete automobiles to hundreds of  RootesMobile
owners including "new-owner" customers that have absolutely NO CLUE about the
amount of work we have had to do locating any existing stockpiles of original
25-45 year old parts; researching and locating equivalent substitute
parts---often from other obsoleted cars that happen to match (or USED to);
discovering alternative parts sources, and either personally tooling-up to
manufacture or locating a firm willing to manufacture a needed part, and
personally "putting-up" the necessary CASH to make reproduction parts
possible, I absolutely and totally support Kurt at Classic Sunbeam Auto Parts
and I am sorry you had delivery delay problems.
    Many times we are at the mercy of the English System: "it is tea-time"
and days later our messages are read: then days later, they are actually
looked at and parts ordered from England mysteriously find their way here.
If you want immediate service for your car, please sell what you have and buy
a Subaru and let the dealer screw you.
    Jim Leach   Pacific Tiger Club (member since 1977)  Seattle