Re: tiger clutch, longish

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tiger clutch, longish
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 09:47:54 EDT
Windsor,
I have had mixed results with the McCleod clutch.  If you chose to use one,
beware it is SPECIAL for the Tiger: the length of the three release fingers on
the pressure plate is the same on all of them, but the location of the pivot
point is different for a hydraulicly released clutch.  Secondly, you should be
certain the plate does NOT use the counterweighted release fingers.  I Vintage
raced my Tiger for six years with a McCleod, and it never "failed" but in spite
of extra strong springs in the plate, it tended to slip.  I have now installed
a Centerforce Clutch, and I expect to have better results, and a much lighter
pedel which is easier on the left leg and the clutch Master cylinder cup.
Jim Leach  Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle