Strange tire problem

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Strange tire problem
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:34:55 EDT
While burning rubber today in my Tiger, I noticed a strange sensation coming
from the right rear, like a flap had popped off the tire.  Upon return home,
I  inspected the tire and it appears to have partially separated off the bead
of the aluminum rim (LAT repros from Sunbeam Specialites).  The tire didn't
go flat but there is a big bulge where the tire is partially pulled away from
the rim.  What do you think, tire failure or the rim might be bad?  By the
way, these are BF Goodrich Radial TAs P205/60r13. Tire pressure is 34 psi.

Weird,

Rob Kempinski
Melbourne Fl