Re: Messed up F4B

To: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>, "Andy Walker"
Subject: Re: Messed up F4B
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:31:58 -0700
Bob, just using your answer to get my reply in, no flame or anything...

Howdy, ya'll. I just had my Torker II that I am converting to EFI media
blasted, not sand or glass bead. Looks like a dull grey finish. Nothing
seems to rub off and it does not feel gritty. Even at that, though, I am
going to paint the lifter valley side with glyptal (messy stuff, but nice
oil tight finish). I would thint that a good cleaning with a bore brush and
soapy water would be enough to cleanb ony loose particles out of the
manifold passage ways. As to repairing, why not just drill out the damaged
section, wand weld in a new piece. Not as if F4B's are rare or anything and
it could then be made to match the sender without any kind of kluge. After I
get my bungs welded in, I am going to try and anodize the manifold before I
paint the bottom.

mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in PAhrump