Re: Messed up F4B

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Messed up F4B
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:17:38 -0500
To Bob and all:

Thanks for the "heads up" on the bead blasting of the intake.  I was very
aware about not blasting the interior surfaces.  I duct taped the crap out
of the bottom, the port sides and the carb opening of the intake so as to
not directly blast the interior.  There is, however, no way to keep all the
media out.  Luckily, the only media that got in was apparently just
filtering in around some of the tape joints.  After blasting, I did exactly
what "DrMayf" suggested; I submerged the intake in a bathtub full of hot,
soapy water and scrubbed it inside and out with a long brush.  I ran water
through the intake ports and feel certain that I removed any and all media
material.

Bob is right about not blasting the inside engine parts.  I've seen the
results of doing that and it's not pretty.

Andy Walker