Re: Messed up F4B

To: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Messed up F4B
From: "Dan" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 21:11:44 -0600
Andy,

    I have used helicoils on the F4B but only for the carburetor hold down
screws. I had the hole for the temp sensor welded then redrilled and tapped
to correct threads. You need a good machine shop that knows what they are
doing. They will have to drill the hole out with a cone drill. this will
leave a clean surface for then to weld to. Then they will fill the hole in
by welding it closed. Now they will drill a new hole and tap the new hole
with the correct tap. Clean up the mess and you are back in business. All
this for about $50 when I had it done a couple of years ago.

Dan