Re: FW: Synthetic Oil

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Synthetic Oil
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 09:37:34 -0400
Steve, this issue has been discussed on the Mercedes group, which have some
very old
cars, and high mileage, 200K and higher.  The myth that synthetic will make a
car leak
if it is older and has used dino oil, is just that, a myth now.

When synthetics came out, 30 years ago or more, they did have this problem, but
they
changed the formula, and this is not the case for some time.

This item is discussed on the Mercedes group every 3 months, and the same
conclusion,
a myth.

I changed my 95 SL500 over to synthetic at 30K, and it does not use a drop.

And even if it did use a drop or two, it is a better lubricant.

Try it, and see.  You know how much better the trans shifts, but you will get
more
power from the engine.

Larry