Re: exhaust

To: "Palmer, Robert L." <RPalmer@brobeck.com>
Subject: Re: exhaust
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@home.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:26:02 -0700
Hi all,
I'll put in my thumbs-up for the Flowmasters. They're quiet enough at idle, and
cruising at 70 MPH with the top down, that you can carry on a conversation with
a passenger without undue shouting. I picked up some polished-stainless
resonator tips (Dynomax I believe) and I'll be installing those over the
winter, and that should
cut the noise down a little more - but hopefully not  too much. One thing is
that I'm running a 2" system from the header collectors back. Running 2 1/4" or
larger makes things quite a bit louder, and may make the use of Flowmasters
prohibitively loud for any but the most committed performance enthusiast.

Theo