Re: exhaust

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: exhaust
From: "Charlton" <charlton@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:51:14 -0600
My car has short turbo mufflers that sounded great until you got up to
highway speeds.  At 55-65 mph the noise was bothersome to my aging ears.  I
had a muffler shop put on some 13" long shorty resonators about a foot
before the end of the system and this cured the objectionable drone.  I
noticed no change in performance.  I have read that the closer to the end of
the system a resonator is, the better it works.  Perhaps those resonator
tips, as non-original in appearance as they are, might be the best, least
restrictive solution.
Duncan