Re: WHY I LOVE BRITISH CARS!

To: "Richard Feibusch" <rfeibusch@loop.com>,
Subject: Re: WHY I LOVE BRITISH CARS!
From: "Derek White" <derekw@coppernet.zm>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 09:32:06 -0500
Hi Richard,

Maybe you could put this on the T list. While I was in Harare (Zimbabwe)
this past week looking at some old cars, I was chatting to a chap who is
going to restore a Morris Minor convertible for me and he mentioned a low
milage TD just down the road. I wanted to see it so off we went. When we got
there, he said "see that new, rectangular patch of lawn near the driveway?
Well he buried the car there 3 months ago!"  This really old guy got sick of
passers by trying to buy the
car so he buried it. It was a gift to his teenage son in the early 50's and
his son died in it (windscreen, front wing and one suspension were only
things damaged.) He never got it fixed, just left it in his garage for 50
years and then buried it. My friend is planning to go and dig it up as soon
as this old chap kicks it (unless of course I get there first!)
cheers, derek