J.C. Whitney Product Question..

To: <jyturbo@yahoogroups.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: J.C. Whitney Product Question..
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 17:31:10 -0800
Thanks to you all, I now have an excellent knowledge of the Alumina Weld
Kit. Sounded as if it only really worked at demos. I didn't have a place to
use it, was just curious: man I love these lists! Since I can get a kit for
around 6 bucks, I may buy and try while I am waiting for the new house/SHOP
to be finished. Then, I'll have my TIG up and running once again...

Ed Van Scoy, it is really going up. The shop is almost completely framed,
roof less tile is up as is the main house, nearly. Next week should see the
framing completed. T-75 and counting!

Oh, and I think Steve Laifman (I hope I spelled it right) sent the following
on J.C. Whitney...

                       "J. C. Whitney" doesn't really exist. The firm is
Warshowskies and is
                         south of downtown Chicago. Very large retail store,
much like an
                        overgrown Pep Boys, but not modern. An old fashioned
parts store. There
                         is a small door on the side street of the building
labeled "J. C.
                        Whitney", and is only catalog sales to "white bread"
people who wouldn't
                        buy from foreigners like the Warshowskies sound.
Been there forever.
                       They also put out a Warshowskie catalog, which is
mostly identical, if
                       not larger, and sometimes cheaper. Quality like Pep
Boys.
                         --
                      Steve Laifman

Again, thanks to all!