RE: Fake tiger on Hemmings

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fake tiger on Hemmings
From: "Crawley,John" <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:49:45 -0700
Hi:
Quality of workmanship is also a big factor in value of an ALGER. I recently
went to look at a TIGER in Edmonton and found that it was an ALGER that had
been sold as a TIGER. It was, in my opinion, dangerous to be on the road. The
TIGER unique parts had been brazed in with brass and very poorly fitted. The
use of brass in repair of structural components is illegal in this province. I
valued the car at about $1500 for the TIGER parts on it. It has since been sold
twice. The owner, that I had broken the ALGER news to, took his lumps and sold
it as parts as did the next owner. It is now at a dealers and, who knows, it
may reappear as a "TIGER" or an ALGER. The dealer is reputable but the
potential for fraud and/or safety some time in the future of this car is very
high. I just wish that I had bought it and ended this story once and for all
with a wreakers hammer. I have never been a great fan of TAC but the value of
the program is becoming more obvious. TAC, as I understand it, only
authenticates a TIGER and a buyer is still best to be wary of poor quality of
repair but at least one would know that it was a real TIGER.
Godspeed
Jc