Tiger wheel mounting.

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger wheel mounting.
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:21:16 -0800
Are Tiger wheels designed to center on the hubs via the lugs or a centering
diameter of the hub?

I need to get my LAT 70 wheels balanced and I want to know how closely I
have to watch the balancing shop.

A coworker just finished a balancing saga from hell on his Toyota truck.
In his case, the truck has hub centric hubs, but the original selling dealer
installed aftermarket wheels that are lug-centric.
For 6 years he has been living with poorly balanced wheels, because nobody
wanted to take the time to put the lug centric adapter on the machine.
Yesterday he got a Discount Tire dealer in Poway to balance them on the
Hunter 9000 using the lug centric adapter and his truck is glass smooth.

Erich
mk1A