Re: registry

To: TM <strombecker@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: registry
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 18:35:03 -0700
At 11:58 PM 4/30/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I have owned a tiger for a short period of time now, 1 year, and am
>disapointed.  I am not disapointed with the car but with the fact that I gave
>out information to the registry in which Norm Miller is doing, but there is no
>book for a reasonable price that reflects this information.  The only book
>that is around is the TBON and is very high priced.  I used to own a 70 Boss
>302, and the registry book was available for a very reasonable price, with
>some good information in it.  I feel like I am giving out infromation and
>getting nothing of value for it.  When I see a TBON go for over $300 US I
>don't see the use in giving out infromation, if this is how it is used.  The
>mustang registries were very reasonable and people shared the infromation very
>well.  I hope one day to see another Book of Norm or even a registry book at a
>reasonable price, I think it would help the people in the tiger community and
>also promote the tiger.  I know it is hard to find information on them,
>depending on where you live.  These are just my thought, but would like to
>know how other people feel.
>
>Thanks Terry
>strombecker@shaw.ca

         So with the Internet, why is it so important that this information
be in a book format?  Both Norm (www.rootes1.com/index.asp) and STOA
(www.stoa-tigerclub.com), have active lists of all Tigers that have been
Authenticated, and this information is free.  In the 10 years since STOA
began this Authentication Process, we have grown this program to include
about  475 Tigers at this point and we are in the process of adding Senior
Inspectors in Washington DC, Charlotte, NC, and Los Angeles, CA to further
broaden the already international scope of this activity.  Norman has
helped hundreds if not thousands of owners with data related to their
cars.   What more could you ask?

The original BON sold for $50 and I don't know if you would consider that
"reasonable" or not.  Since the Tiger is a collector car, much of the
related hardware, literature, and materials also sell in the environment of
supply and demand.  As an original owner and avid fan for 36 years, I've
found Tiger owners around the world to be some of the friendliest people
I've had the pleasure to meet, willing to share information, experiences,
and even their homes with fellow enthusiasts.  Maybe you need to meet more
owners.

Tom