Re: Magnesium

To: SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com
Subject: Re: Magnesium
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 00:33:33 EDT
If your wheels are JAP Magnas they are quite
rare English racing mag's that have the perfect
offset for the Tiger.  Tom Erhart had a set on
his Drag Tiger (See the Tiger on the trailer in
'The Making of the Tiger') and our beloved
Uncle Wally used a set on his autocross
Alpine that I got for him.  I sold them to him
to pay for my LAT 9's. I believe they are
a magnesium aluminum combination
(if that is metallurgically possible) and are
very strong and light weight.  Try and save
the wheel if you can, but be careful, they
may burn of welded by the unwary.

Dave Johnson B382002668(under repair) Aurora, IL