Re: Ignition Warning Light on with new alternator

To: "Tiger List \(Tiger List\)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Warning Light on with new alternator
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:06:25 -0700
David and all, sorry if this has already been answered.  One of the
shortcomings with being on the Digest.

The "R" terminal goes to the light.  I have seen it said that the "R"
stands for Relay which doesn't really make sense to me but whatever.
The "F" goes to the hot, the easiest place would be the B+ lug on the
alternator.  It could also go to the battery post which might have some
advantages on cars with trunk mounted batteries like the Tiger (just a
thought and I'm not sure about this.  I'm assuming the "F" not only
excites but is the sense for the voltage regulator.  Anybody know for
sure?).   Of course in David's case it does not matter since he has a
true "self exciting" 1-wire alternator and he does not need the "F"
wire.

Please let us know if the "R" is hooked up in your 1-wire application.
I had assumed that it would not be but I'm not sure.

Frank
B9471116 (3-wire alternator, now if only I had a motor and a battery)