Re: LAT 9 Question

To: Anthony & Susan <jetbike@worldlynx.net>
Subject: Re: LAT 9 Question
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:59:48 -0700
Tony,

There are all rubber valve stems that fit most anything. The metal ones
that have sealing washers are also not known to be very reliable in the
seal area, even if prettier. Sealing surface condition being one of the
issues.

Now, there is another reason you should reconsider radial tubes.  Most
cast wheels are porous and leak air. This is especially true of the
repro's, but is also true of the originals.  Faithful checking will
help, but a tube fixes even the rim seal leaks, instead of a glue substance.

Just another thing to consider.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman