Re: Spare tire hold down length

To: Frank Marrone <itswonderful@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Spare tire hold down length
From: jay peterson <sfm081@rain.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 09:45:05 -0700
Frank,
My hold down screw (from B9470166) is 1 3/4" from the back of the bolt
head to the tip. The back of the bolt head also is where the hold down
plate is located (captured by the assembly) and it looks like the hold
down screw might be 2 pieces with the bolt head press fit into the lower
threaded portion. I couldn't tell for sure since the hold down plate
covers that area pretty well, but I cannot see how the plate could have
been put on unless it was assembled with a 2 piece bolt assembly. Could
the 3 bolts you have actually be 1 assembled and the 2 parts of another
one?
Jay Peterson