RE: Spare tire hold down length

To: "'jay peterson'" <sfm081@rain.org>
Subject: RE: Spare tire hold down length
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 10:37:25 -0800
Jay,

Don't think so.  The good one I have is 1-5/8" from the tip of the bolt
to the back of the hat.  If I take in account the thickness of the hat I
could get to 1-3/4".  Is that how you measured yours?  The broken one
still has the step where the hat is supposed to ride but is missing the
hat and the head of the bolt.  It is a bit mangled but I'd say it was
about 1-7/8" to 2" to the back of the bolt head (if it still had a bolt
head).

I do not have the third bolt, only a picture of it.  I have misplaced
that bolt.  I can not reliably say much about this bolt except that in
the picture it looks longer than the two I actually have.

Frank
B9471116

snip