Re: Alpine Conversion

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alpine Conversion
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:28:21 -0800
The TAC program has one function in life.
It answers the question,  Did this unibody leave British Pressed Steel as a
Tiger? Or put another way?  Is this Unibody one of the original 7,000 odd
Tigers?
If 3 inspectors can find indisputable evidence of the assembly methodologies
that BPS used to make a Tiger then they will put a sticker on it.  If they
cannot find that evidence or all 3 do not agree then the car does not get a
sticker.
They are not in the business of certifying how good of condition the car is
in.
The STOA website indicates they have put stickers on rusted out stripped
shells.  As a car or restoration candidate they have 0 value but it is an
authentic Tiger.

Does a Tiger that has had the front or rear clip replaced because of a wreck
have less value than a pristine car?  In my book YES!  But both cars remain
tigers.  Now skipping to the bottom...........