Re: Alpine Conversion

To: <DJoh797014@aol.com>, <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Alpine Conversion
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:42:41 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: <DJoh797014@aol.com>
To: <drmayf@teknett.com>
Cc: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 6:15 PM

> All this leads to why the TAC people have been
> driven crazy.  The day will come when a lawsuit
> will occur with TAC involved because they TAC'd
> a car and said it was a Tiger,
>
> Scares me and I'm fearless.
>
> Dave Johnson

Your scenario does not scare me all that much.  First the financial exposure
is small  20 grand tops.
Second,  Suppose there were a fraudulent car out there that went thru the
TAC inspection process and received a sticker.  How would someone prove that
car was fraudulent and TAC made an error?
Would you look at the car for the methods of manufacture that make it
distinct from an Alpine?   Oh wait that is what TAC did and they found those
methods present but somehow they were recreated fraudulently.  You are
trying to impeach TAC to assign blame, you can't use thier methods.
How do you prove fraud?

Erich