Re: Alpine Conversion

To: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>, <DJoh797014@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Alpine Conversion
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:10:25 -0800
Well, not being a lawyer...
but what you are mentioning is the process used to TAC a car. The lawsuit
would probably be against a person who used the process errantly or
knowingly to defraud someone. Say for instance, that an inspector found a
really good tiger but decided that it was an Alger in order to try and
purchase it very cheaply. Or get it sold to a friend at a really reduced
price. Or that the inspector had a case of rash with the owner and told him
the car was not real. This is a case where both the inspector and the
underwriting agency could both be found guilty because of the inspectors
actions and the lack of monitoring by the agency who does the inspections.
There are many ways for someone to skin a cat. As far as I am concerned. I
have had mine since 1967 and it has not been TAC'd and I consider it a non
event or action. SHould i sell my car and have the buyer tell me it is not a
Tiger because it has not been TAC'd then I might consider suit againt the
organization for failing to disclose that they are not the authority nor any
kind of governing body.

just my 2 cents worth, and who cares anyway..

mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in Pahrump