Re: Alpine Conversion

To: drmayf@teknett.com
Subject: Re: Alpine Conversion
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:15:51 EST
I tend to agree with the good Dr.  When I had
a minor shunt in my first Tiger in 1968, the dealer
replaced the right fender with a genuine Rootes
right Alpine fender.  With Rootes dead meat in
1968 there were no Tiger fenders.  In fact I don't
think there were many Tiger fender imported.  The shop
simply drilled holes and attached the side strips.
That's what Rootes did in the factory.  I certainly
disagree that the Alpine fender meant it was no longer
a Tiger.

All this leads to why the TAC people have been
driven crazy.  The day will come when a lawsuit
will occur with TAC involved because they TAC'd
a car and said it was a Tiger,

Scares me and I'm fearless.

Dave Johnson