I Was Wrong???!!

Subject: I Was Wrong???!!
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:57:23 -0800
I had posted to the list about getting stuck on the road with the Tiger
two weeks ago after that 95+ degree day here in Los Angeles.

I just got my Ignitor II ignition module back from Pertronix tech
support (in fact, they did send me a new unit anyway) and spoke to them
about the results of their testing the unit they thought might have gone
bad. In fact, it tested as good, with no problems. I had also replaced
the Pertonix coil with a new one, suspicious itl might have failed.
Pertonix told me that their coils rarely, if ever, fail, so that
probably was not it. I mentioned the hot day the car failed, but
Pertronix says that the modules and coils are rated at over 500 degrees
heat and even the Tiger dosen't get quite that hot under the hood.

Now I figure I probably had plain old vapor lock, as the car ran fine a
couple of hours after the failure, after it had cooled down. Has anyone
worked out a way to keep the fuel delivered to the carb cooler, and keep
it from boiling on very hot days?

Steve Sage