Re: Brake Booster

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Booster
From: "Kris Waters" <mxracer2@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:53:51 -0800
    Jim, in my humble opinion, the Tiger needs the brake booster as much as
it needs power steering.  My Father, who I inherited my Tiger from, took off
the brake booster on my Tiger  years ago due to poor reliability.  I drive
mine often and have never wished I had more power at the brake pedal.  It's
not that hard to achieve maximum braking with the tires that will fit under
a Tiger anyway.  I'd say unless your car is 100% original factory parts,
take off the booster and put it on the shelf.  Off the top of my head, the
"cons" to taking it off are; more pedal pressure and loss of stock
appearance.  The "pros" would be; a simpler more reliable brake system(no
vacuum leaks, fluid leaks), cleaner less cluttered engine compartment
appearance due to eliminating the booster and lines and, less expensive to
remove than to rebuild.  Just my .02, I'm sure there are other opinions.
Good luck.

First time poster, Kris Waters
382000910