RE: Oil Filter Adapter

To: "'DrMayf'" <drmayf@teknett.com>,
Subject: RE: Oil Filter Adapter
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 08:57:02 -0400
        It seems to me this is a flat gasket about 1/16" thick made from a
rubber type material(?) has a center hole for the bolt plus 5 or 6
additional holes for oil flow.  You could make your own gasket by starting
with the center hole for the bolt and then cut the outer diameter of the
adaptor.   Don't forget the extra holes or slots for the oil flow.

        I find it hard to believe Ford completely discontinued that gasket,
but not impossible.   Maybe you just need to find a Ford parts person who
will take the time to update the obsolete #C5AZ-6840-A to the current part
number.

The truck application would be a good place to start.   The original adaptor
part #C5TZ-6881-A was for the Econoline truck.

Ron Fraser