RE: Oil Filter Adapter

To: "'FunbeamChuck'" <FunbeamChuck@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Oil Filter Adapter
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:49:19 -0400
Chuck
        I have been using Puralator L20195 oil filter on my adaptor for
years.   However, I do not have an LAT oil pan on my 260 engine.   This
filter is smaller in diameter than the FL-1, 1/2+qt vs 1qt so it should work
for you or at least be an alterantive.   I think that Puralator # equates to
an FL-300.  It's the filter that most Ford Escort or Taurus use.

FL-1 diameter = 3.76"
L20195 diam = 2.95" it is slightly bigger than the rubber seal

Hope that helps

Ron Fraser