Re: Austin Healy "Alper"??

To: MWood24020@aol.com
Subject: Re: Austin Healy "Alper"??
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:19:10 -0700
MWood24020@aol.com wrote:

> <snip>

> The thing that is funny is that the car IS totally original...the
> seller is just more that a little confused as to what to call it, as
> it is a Sebring (manufacturer), not a Healy.
> Mike

ACTUALLY, Mike, it isn't even a "Sebring".  If you want to see the
ORIGINAL fiberglass Sebring (documented), you need to read the
TigersUnited.com article "My Life with Cars", written by yours truly.
 Pictures of the car that was originally designed in England, as built
by Jay and I in 1975, is covered.

The specific page, and documented proof,  is:
http://www.TigersUnited.com/articles/sl-mc/stevelaifman5.asp

Yeah, I know the Florida race generated a number of "Sebring" models of
production/race cars, but this was the first uniquely named "Sebring".
 Jay is restoring it now, just as he already did with the Alpine
pictured along with it.

There may be some stuff in the rest of the article of interest, as well.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor