Re: Austin Healy "Alper"??

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: Austin Healy "Alper"??
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:46:11 EDT
In a message dated 7/15/2003 5:19:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com writes:

> ACTUALLY, Mike, it isn't even a "Sebring".  If you want to see the
> ORIGINAL fiberglass Sebring (documented), you need to read the
> TigersUnited.com article "My Life with Cars", written by yours truly.
> Pictures of the car that was originally designed in England, as built
> by Jay and I in 1975, is covered.
>
> The specific page, and documented proof,  is:
> http://www.TigersUnited.com/articles/sl-mc/stevelaifman5.asp
>
> Yeah, I know the Florida race generated a number of "Sebring" models of
> production/race cars, but this was the first uniquely named "Sebring".
> Jay is restoring it now, just as he already did with the Alpine
> pictured along with it.

I guess there's no copyright on the name "Sebring". As others have pointed
out, the car which you originally brought the the attention of the list is a
Sebring 5000.
BTW, the car you reference as "the ORIGINAL fiberglass Sebring" got me to
thinking...which led to looking at my collection of Car and Driver magazines
from
the 1970's...which led to finding an article from 1973 on an English kit car
called the Nova...which appears to be the duplicate and father of the
"Sebring" kit car (which I believe is probably a Sterling) which you and Jay
built...which led to "googling" "nova kit car"...which led to <A
HREF="www.nova-international.net">
www.nova-international.net</A>, which I believe you might find of interest!
Evidently, at least one set of
the molds now resides in Oregon, which could be a good source of parts during
the restoration.
Mike