Re: Cooling System Acid Test

To: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling System Acid Test
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:37:27 -0700
Been there done that, didn't get a shirt.
Back while my tiger was still boiling over and I had a leaking head gasket,
the core sprung a leak.  I had to fight an pry to get that sucker out of the
hole.
The shop that repaired it did a good job of reinforcement.

I don't think a high pressure pump will add that much on top of the 14 psi
due to the cap.  The core is most directly connected to the suction side of
the pump. The other side gets water after it has dropped pressure thru the
block, heads and manifold.

Erich