RE: Cooling System Acid Test

To: "'Kathy and Erich Coiner'" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>,
Subject: RE: Cooling System Acid Test
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:30:25 -0400
        This has been said before;

If it's not puking it's not over heating.
Always check your Temp gage for accuracy.
Adding horsepower increases the amount of heat generated.

The cooling system must always be treated as a complete system.

I started by getting the stock radiator and the block clean using a dry
chemical flush.   The amount of sand and rust that came out was staggering.

I reworked the stock water pump with a new Ford Motorsport impeller,
installed the Ford 6 blade fan, and a 180 degree thermostat.

I have no other modification and I have no more over heating problems.
My Tiger is a stock 260 with 2bbl carb.

If your coolant temperature is less than 180 you are increasing the wear
inside the block.   The Ford engine will have the least amount of internal
wear if the coolant temperature is 180 to 190.

Ron Fraser

---