Re: Refinishing Tiger Air Cleaner

To: "Todd Gifford" <tgifford@dee-inc.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Refinishing Tiger Air Cleaner
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:26:43 -0700
I bought Hammerite Silver from my local home supply megabox.
I used paint remover purchased from same megabox.
I used steel wool with the paint remover to get all the crud out of the
nooks and crannies.
My lid had a couple of dents out near the ends.  I am sure they were from a
hood touching due to the use of a Hi Rise manifold.  I filled the dents in
with spot putty and sanded. It took about 3 tries with the spot putty and
sanding before it was really smooth.  Then I put a coat or two of self
etching primer from Eastwood.  Followed by several coats of Hammerite.

Erich