RE: Still have oil/water problems

To: "'Jay Peterson'" <sfm081@rain.org>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Still have oil/water problems
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:35:36 -0500
Jay
        The C4OE-6059-A timing cover casting is dimensionally the same as
the C4AE-6059-B and any earlier castings.   The only difference is
C4OE-6059-A has the oil fill tube section totally removed from the casting.
I believe the C4OE-6059-A casting is what I have on my 66 MK 1A Tiger and it
is 2 3/8" thick.   Unfortunately I can't see that casting number with it in
the car.
        These timing covers are interchangeable with one note; the
C4OE-6059-A casting can only be used on earlier engine blocks if the oil
passage into the lifter gallery is plugged.   You do have a freeze plug or
it is cast closed at the top passenger side of your timing cover casting
right?

        The timing cover casting changed in June 1965 to go along with the
cast iron water pump.   This timing cover casting C5OE-6059-A1 and later
castings are quickly identified by the 7 ribs between the water pump face
and the engine face.   The C4OE-6059-A casting and earlier castings only
have 2 ribs.

        The picture on the Cal-Falcon web site of their earlier style timing
cover is the engine side of the cover.   I would like to see a picture of
the front side before make a purchase.

Hope this helps
Ron Fraser