Re: Still have oil/water problems

To: sfm081@rain.org
Subject: Re: Still have oil/water problems
From: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:35:06 -0800
Jay (and Ron),

Ron is correct.  The number I posted was for the water pump.  In fact
the reason I copied my reply to the list was in case I didn't quite get
it "right".  Looks like I missed by a bit.

>From Ron's description it sounds like my cover is a C4OE-6059-A too.
I did take another look at it, but couldn't find where the number is
stamped, but I have to admit to not wanting to get grubby trying to
locate
it.  BTW, worst case you might be able to repair the cover yourself with
a propane torch and aluminum brazing rod.

When you finally do get to the real engine start up, if it's a fresh
rebuild,
make sure to do a cam break-in run.  This consists of running the engine
at
1500-2000 RPM for 20-30 minutes.  To avoid overheating, you can run a
continuous flow of fresh water through the cooling system by sticking a
hose in the radiator filler opening and opening the drain valve.  Adjust
the flows so they are equal.

Keep us posed.  I suspect experience will be useful to others.

Roland