RE: Still have oil/water problems

To: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>, sfm081@rain.org
Subject: RE: Still have oil/water problems
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:39:12 -0700
I'm no expert at aluminum welding, but based on what I've experimented
with I'd weld or braze the cover only as a last resort. You might look
at using a metal-filled epoxy to fill up the hole. Just make sure you
clean it out really well to begin with (degrease the area with acetone,
and perhaps run a drill bit through the hole and countersink each end so
that you will create an epoxy plug shaped like >=< that can't come out).

Good luck,
Theo