Need some Info Please

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need some Info Please
From: "Jen/Scott" <jsloan798@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:03:25 -0800
Well, I am nearly complete with getting my Tiger road worthy and there
are only a few things that I would like to figure out before I drive it
more often and work even more bugs out. So, here goes:

#1- Note: I had sent a message out in September about having really
twitchy steering to the point that is was unsafe. With lots of help from
the list, I figured out that it was mainly caused by the steering arms
being on the wrong side, therefore the steering arm end joints were
inverted! Once I change the arms around and put on new joints, the
problem was solved. Of course it needs an alignment pretty bad now, but
at least it is safer. I appologize if I did not inform everyone of the
solution, but I spent most of my time at work or in the garage sorting
things out.

#2- Was a DANA 44 an option for these cars? I think it may have been,
but I am not too sure. I have one in there now, so either it was swapped
from something else, or it is original. Either way, does anyone know how
I can tell the ratio on that. Also, what was the stock ratio?

#3- Part of the above, the rear has disc brakes, but I have no idea what
they are from. I was told that the entire rear end was from a 197?
Chevelle, and the brakes came with it, but I am starting to doubt that
more and more. The brakes on there are girling and they mount on the
rear of the axle, but I cannot find anything that looks even close to
them anywhere. I was thinking maybe they were off a Jaguar or something,
but I can't find any resources on Girling parts interchange for a
Jaguar. There is no E-Brake either and I would like to get one if I need
to do a replacement on the calipers.

#4- I got my speedo working finally, but the needle seems to stick with
the glass on it. It works fine with it off. What is the fix for that? I
made sure that the needle was firmly on the shaft already.

Other than that, the car is pretty much ready for the things I would
"Like" to put on or upgrade rather than the parts I "Need" Thanks for
all of the help, and maybe you'll see me cruising around L.A. sometime!

Scott

B9471344