RE: ebay Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: ebay Tiger
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:36:44 -0400
The same thing applies to anything you can bolt in or out....gauges, air
cleaner, expansion tank, fan shroud, shifter, etc...

Most of the points brought up seemed circumstantial. The big thing that
would really concern me with the Tiger on Ebay is the battery
location/exhaust system layout. Also a week or two ago on Ebay there was a
Tiger with the spare mounted like an Alpine (there was a battery in it's
trunk).

Also here is a bit of the disclaimer found on the auction
This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed
written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct
description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no
warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on
account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any
descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are
not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of
the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied
himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that
judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to
disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's
request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any
repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.

...so Buyer Beware...

Personally I wouldnt buy a vehicle from an Ebay auction or without my own
personal inspection (or having the inspection done by an expert if need be)
of any vehicle. I found my car from this list.

Paul

>There are lots of Tigers out there with incorrect rivets, that are
>otherwise
>obviously original - including mine. Non-OEM rivets just indicate that the
>VIN plate was removed at some point - the bad thing is that you can never
>tell with 100% certainty whether it was reattached to the original chassis.
>
>According to my understanding, Rootes made numerous running changes in the
>sheetmetal and other mechanical details, and as a result, any reasonably
>complete and original Tiger can be verified to be self-consistent, i.e. the
>VIN corresponds with the chassis details, as well as the obvious things
>like
>the diff and transmission tags, and the major exterior features
>(round/square corners on body panels etc). Most Algers turn out to be
>inconsistent enough to be identifiable on a number of counts.
>
>Best regards,
>Theo

Getting married? Find great tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life
Events. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married