Re: eBay Tiger

To: bob_diehl@earthlink.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: eBay Tiger
From: Drmoonstone@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 16:56:38 EDT
Don't know if the car was pulled or sold. It was not what it was originally
advertised as and the omissions may be responsible for the bid prices. E-bay
think they are blameless in the entire selling process....while an extreme
example can be found in the phrase, "I was only following orders," we today
have a
poignant reminder of the error of this type of thinking. To act in business or
any other endeavor with the lack of accountability that I have witnessed from
E-bay is without redemption and points to the sad state of ethics and morals
we seem to be forced to accept and many times are too eager to embrace (no
religious belief implied here). Regardless, those Tiger owners on both sides of
the issue did succeed in communicating the issue well and we may at this time
done someone a great service. Good job listers.

As I have always done, I've researched the car in question a little more and
I was incorrect....it is a Tiger based on several reliable resources. What
still baffles me is why an owner of a Tiger would want to turn it into an
Alpine.
All for the a few square feet of trunk space and 1920s type steering.

Moonstone