Re: 260 vs 289

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 260 vs 289
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:36:50 EDT
Steve,
       I wonder if the choice to use a 260 VS 289 in the Tiger LeMans cars
was simply a matter of homologation.  In 1964, was the "prototype Class" the
same as Formula Libra (open)?  I highly doubt it.  A 289 engine might have
tossed
them out of competing at LeMans.  I bet the rules required the Manufacturers
maintain the same engine displacement their current production car was built
with and at the time the Cobra had advanced to a 289 whereas the Tiger had not.
 Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle