RE: 260 vs 289

To: <TIGEROOTES@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 260 vs 289
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:40:58 -0700
Jim,

There were (at least) a couple of errors in my previous post regarding the
Targa Florio Tiger (AHP 483B). First, the chassis tag is B9470035, not
B9470012, which belongs to another works rally car ADU 312B. I had received
several pictures from McDermott of his and the ADU 312B car, including the
chassis tag, and mixed the two up. Second, I should not have said the 289
was there "from the outset". The Shelby prepped 289 was installed along with
other modifications, like the cut away fenders, etc., by GRV Development in
preparation for running in the Targa Florio in 1965.

Bob