Re: Stopping - JUST THE FACTS, Ma'am!

To: theo.smit@dynastream.com
Subject: Re: Stopping - JUST THE FACTS, Ma'am!
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:27:27 -0700
Theo,

"Turkeys" are probably unfamiliar to dwellers in the far north.  They
were first introduced to the US pilgrims by tribal indians, and are
eaten on Thanksgiving Festivals in October, and Subway Sandwich shops.
A lower North American breed they are flightless birds with bare heads,
like predators, and are ugly as they are large.  Well made, they are a
tasty repast and have large eggs.  I have never seen them prepared to
eat like chicken eggs, though.

Well, one makes do with local materials, as you say.  Tapping and
drilling the shell for a pressure transducer is a difficult  operation,
sometimes involving advanced machining techniques.

By now our expatriate, Tim Ronak, must have been force fed this local
delicacy and can describe it to you, eh?

Come on down some day and find out.  ;-)

 From your few generations removed Canuck,

Steve

--
-----