Re: Fw: Stopping - JUST THE FACTS, Ma'am!

To: mmcbeth@peacock.ca
Subject: Re: Fw: Stopping - JUST THE FACTS, Ma'am!
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:10:36 -0700
Michael,

Thanks for the view from the far side of the country.  It is always
refreshing to get a "foreign" point of view.  Like the French
gratefulness for saving their country for them, they have not forgiven
us yet.

You know, I have two things working against me.  First, a friend told me
that the thing he disliked most about retirement is that you lose your
weekends. :-)

True.

Second, to us guys, way out west here, we also lose our seasons.  The
weather barely changes, although some things seem to mysteriously become
periodically unavailable at the supermarkets.  I remember, once, it
rained - and I saw snow at Big Bear (so THAT's what it looks like!)  All
those great movie "Winter Scenes" were shot in Burbank, CA, using Ivory
Snow soap box contents and fans.

You'll just have to excuse us poor folk who have never actually
experienced a "season" from not knowing one from another, or why some
people think November is colder than August.  "Months" are just an
excuse to sell more calendar pages.  BTW: What is a "harvest"?
Seasonally, or thereabouts, we get the asphalt dug up, resurfaced, then
trenched for the wires and pipes they scheduled for later. Is that the
"reaping and sowing season'?

Just like the Australians don't pick up on the concept of snow in December!

LOL,

Steve

--
-----