Re: Stopping - JUST THE FACTS, Ma'am!

To: Lawrence Wright <wrightsinseabrook@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Stopping - JUST THE FACTS, Ma'am!
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:47:49 -0700
Larrys (plural),

What a marvelous opportunity.  Two friends, living in close proximity,
with different set-ups for vented rotors.

 From what I gather, both are the same components, but The Wright Guy
has a big muscle below his navel (stop bragging, the ladies might get
disappointed in the reality   ;-) )

I suggest a true side-by-side stopping test, between you two, including
driver changes, and different braking rates, to really compare the
influence of servos, as well as the influence of those Kustom rotors
(got a friend with stock brakes?)

It would go far in verifying truth from bullsh-t.

I wish there were a simple force gauge that you could use to calibrate
actual pedal forces, but if we switch drivers (assuming some degree of
memory) we can get a "judgment". Probably Theo has a simple pedal force
gage you can make using some turkey eggs on his site?

This combination of equipment, location, and availability are unusual.
Please make use of it, and let us all know "just the facts, ma'am!"

Best to All,

Steve

--
-----