Fw: Stopping - JUST THE FACTS, Ma'am!

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fw: Stopping - JUST THE FACTS, Ma'am!
From: mmcbeth@peacock.ca
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:12:27 -0400
Steve,

Glad to see you locating Thanksgiving in October, where it so rightly
belongs. Up here in God's country we've heard rumours of some such
festival down there in the Big Smoke celebrated in November, if you can
believe it! Why anyone would put a harvest celebration in the middle of
Winter escapes us. We're totally out of vegetables by mid-November, and
how would we capture our traditional Thanksgiving Grizzly? All sensible
bears are hibernating by then!

Snow Goose eggs, that might be our equivalent. We've pawned off all of our
Canada Geese on you guys...

Michael

Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Sent by: owner-tigers@autox.team.net
08/23/2004 11:27 AM
Please respond to
Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>

theo.smit@dynastream.com
cc
"Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>, Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com
Subject
Re: Stopping - JUST THE FACTS, Ma'am!

Theo,

"Turkeys" are probably unfamiliar to dwellers in the far north.  They
were first introduced to the US pilgrims by tribal indians, and are
eaten on Thanksgiving Festivals in October, and Subway Sandwich shops.
A lower North American breed they are flightless birds with bare heads,
like predators, and are ugly as they are large.  Well made, they are a
tasty repast and have large eggs.  I have never seen them prepared to
eat like chicken eggs, though.

Well, one makes do with local materials, as you say.  Tapping and
drilling the shell for a pressure transducer is a difficult  operation,
sometimes involving advanced machining techniques.

By now our expatriate, Tim Ronak, must have been force fed this local
delicacy and can describe it to you, eh?

Come on down some day and find out.  ;-)

 From your few generations removed Canuck,

Steve

The  information  contained  in  this  email (including any attachments)
is confidential,  subject  to  copyright  and  for  the  use  of  the
intended recipient  only.  If  you are not the intended recipient please
alteration or distribution of this email is forbidden and may be
actionable.