RE: Small single master cylinder

To: "'sosnaenergyconsulting'" <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Subject: RE: Small single master cylinder
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:30:29 -0700
Hi David,
The 5/8" MC has just about half the bore area that the 7/8" one does, so the
pedal effort will be reduced by a corresponding amount, but the pedal travel
required to take up any mechanical slack at the shoes and pads will be
doubled. If everything is in good shape and the rear brakes are properly
adjusted this shouldn't be an issue... And since (I just remembered) you've
got disc brakes at the rear they will self adjust anyway.

My eventual plan is to run twin 5/8" masters to a split front/rear system. I
got some Tilton master cylinders that AFCO was clearing out for a decent
price - the nice thing with those is that if I do need to change the balance
significantly then I can change the master cylinder size in 1/8" increments.
Just gotta make it all fit.

Best regards,
Theo