RE: A Good Motor..

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: A Good Motor..
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:52:38 -0500
For the basics I would add...

Intake: Edelbrock Performer 289 (#2121) Dual Plane
Cam: Edelbrock (#2122) Dur. @ .050: 204/214 Lift: 0.448/0.472 (Summit Racing
seems to have the same spec cam kit for $50 less)
Carb: Holley (#9776) 450 CFM Model 4160
Ignition: Mallory Unilite Breakerless Ignition Conversion Kit (#502M)
Headers: Sunbeam Specialties? (don't have any specs)

That's about $800 in parts if bought new...

I would also mill the stock heads to get the compression ratio up over 9.0
to 1, if possible.

Paul