Re: A Good Motor..

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: A Good Motor..
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 05:42:39 -0800
Mayf:
I recall reading somewhere that typically a car only needs about 50 hp
to hold a steady cruise at freeway speeds.  This I think was written at
a time and in regards to the big American boats of the '50's and '60's
with pretty hefty weights and the average frontal area of a barn door.
If that's anywhere near correct, then it's the power needed to
accelerate quickly that eats up the gas. That, and the tendency, as has
been noted, of a certain alter-ego to come out and romp on the
throttle.  I'm not gonna mention any names, but I see his face in the
mirror every morning when I'm shaving  "-)

Best Regards
David (I wll go easy on the throttle. I will! I will! I will!) Sosna