RE: A Good Motor..

To: "'Paul R. Breuhan'" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: A Good Motor..
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:23:59 -0700
I'd go with the Pertronix Ignitor II with either their Flamethrower or
Flamethrower II coil. The Unilite has (had? Mine does...) the mis-feature
where the coil is energized through about 90% of the crank angles,
regardless of whether or not the engine is turning over. The Pertronix also
has a cleaner coil turnoff, which makes it easier on tach drive circuits...

For mileage, make sure that you have distributor that pulls in a decent
amount of vacuum advance.

Best regards,
Theo