Re: Wow, eBay item. (car reg. year)

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wow, eBay item. (car reg. year)
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:21:30 -0800
 And what a JOY that was years ago when the Calif. smog cut off was 1965. I
had a Volvo 544 last manufactured in 1965, but unfortunately one of a
handful registered as a 1966. It had to the the oldest looking (yea, older
looking than the VW beetle in my opinion) car that was ever required to be
smogged.
 Some years prior to that my brother had a Renault Dalphine also last made
in 1965 that was sold as a 1967. I guess the Datsun 411 and the Toyota Crown
looked modern at the time and slowed Dalphine sales (LOL).  Fortunately the
smog laws were different for him at the time.
 I wonder if any Calif. Tiger owners got "caught" in that year trap and had
to get their car smogged when I'm sure they felt they had good cause not to.
Tom