Re: Wow, eBay item. (car reg. year)

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Re: Wow, eBay item. (car reg. year)
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:56:54 -0500
I bought my Tiger in CA.  B32000331 was registered as a 1965, as it's
build date is sometime in Nov, and the PO talked the DMV into
registering as a '65 to beat the smog law.  Did it with TBON.

He also got it registered as a "Rootes Roadster", presumably to keep
from triggering the list of car values when he claimed he only paid
$2,000 for the car, or to keep his insurance rates down.  I've not been
able to talk VA into straightening it out.

Chris